Saturday 3 November 2012

Home Alone

Being home alone for one week is not as fun as I thought it would be.  Luckily the Husband, Medium Boy and Small Boy are coming home today!  Yay!

Over the week, I met up with long lost friends.  Monday and Thursday evenings, I had concalls to take, hence dashed home after a quick dinner.  I self invited to JA's home on Tuesday evening.  Their little one G who turns 2 in December, was discharged last Sunday after being warded for stomach flu.  G was soooo manja (clingy) to his grandmother and mom!  I suppose that is normal after being in hospital.  Sat around the dining table with J and A after the dishes were cleared to talk about our children.  A shared that the flu made its rounds at home, leading to everyone feeling a little out of sorts emotionally.  Sigh.  When the little one is ill, the adults wake up at every small sound to check, leading to lack of sleep, which in turn lowers immunity... voila, the adults are the next to be ill.

I brought probiotics and sambucol along to let G try.  His grandmother (J's mom) gave me the fish eye and declared that he eats enough fruits and vegetables... there is no need for supplements.  J and A both looked at her, then at me, as she exited the dining room.  Ah well, grandparents are entitled to their opinions, ultimately parents are the ones who have to bring our children up correct..... *shrug*

Wednesday was All Saints' Day.  I went for Wed evening mass with N, and spent a lovely evening having a meal and adult conversation with her.  No interruptions from little ones!  :)

Friday night.  I worked till 8pm until my growling stomach insisted that it be fed.  Now will do very nicely, thankkiewvelimuch, it told me.  Ah when the stomach is this way, it is best to listen before gastric strikes.  Then spent the rest of the night vacuuming and mopping the floor, which took me to 10pm.  Time to put my feet up and relax with a camomile tea while skype-ing with the Husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment