Wednesday 14 November 2012

The Strength of a Tigress

I remember reading this story in a natural birthing book when I was at Dr Lai Fon Min's clinic.

A mom has a special needs child, Sean.  Sean turned 16 years old and he passed a very important academic exam at the end of the year.  She spent one week in bed, completely worn out and exhausted, crying most of the time.  When her friend asked her out of concern how she is, she replied "Sean is finally where he ought to be.  I am just recovering now."  Such is the strength of a mother.

A mother is born at the same moment when the baby is born.  I understand now why Amy Chua titled her book "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" for I find within myself the strength of the tiger when my boys are at risk.

Which applies equally to a wife.  I do not have the luxury of staying in bed for a week though.  The Husband started work this week and is finally where he ought to be. 

*Exhale BIG breath out*

No comments:

Post a Comment